03 July 2007

picnic




I had the boys to myself most of the day yesterday. We played at the park near our house in the morning and then we went home and I put together a picnic lunch. We took it to a community park nearby and found a great picnic table under some vine shade. We just hung out, ate, chatted, played around and then went to the playground area. We went home mid afternoon and Y napped while the older two watched cartoons. Then they all went for a quick swim before I took them all to go get In & Out burgers for everyone. Very casual and easy going day. I worked a 10hr day but it was one of those ones that didn't feel that long. It's nice not being in a rush to get to a certain place on time.












Today they left for Lake Tahoe. I have an Expressive Watercolour course this afternoon so I'm driving myself up tomorrow morning to join them. We are staying at my host mum's mum's holiday house which is about half way up the left side of the huge lake. We'll be there for about four days...and over the Fourth of July! Apparantly they have a huge firework show. Should be good but I'll be offline until I come back.

No comments: